Marriage Stories • Regulations
- The participant can register on the website www.marriage-stories.be
- The registration period of the participants ends on March 17, 2023.
- Only possible to participate if the artwork is based/inspired on 1 of the 20 stories by Ms. Huts
or on your own story/perspective related to the subject “Marriage (story)”.
- All fine art disciples can participate in the contest. Being: Photography, Graphic design,
Jewelry & Gold- and silversmithing, Costume design, Sculpture, In Situ, Painting, Printmaking.
- It is required to submit an official enrollment certificate at
an academy of fine arts/art school in the academic year 2022/23 and born before 2004.
- Registration must be completed in full to participate for the preselection.
- Once registered it will not be possible to change the submitted concept/design.
- All valid registrations will be presented to the digital selection committee on April 17, 2023.
- The selected candidate will submit 1 artwork for the exhibition.
- Shipment to the exhibition of the contest is at the expense of the candidate.
- The packaging of the artwork must be weather and shock resistant.
- Max. sizes of the shipping box are 200 x 200 x 100 cm. The shipping box must be
weather and shock resistant and must be reusable for transport after the venue.
- The artwork will be shipped back to the academy/college/university.
- The organizing partners will cover the return shipping cost.
- The works will be insured by the organizing partners from the moment they are delivered
until they arrive at the academy/college/university.
- If the packaging exceeds the maximum sizes: the work of art will not be returned, and the candidate will collect the artwork at an agreed address in Belgium or the cost of a non-regular return shipment will always be at the expense of the candidate.
- The organizing partners will not frame the art works or adding mounting necessities.
- The organizing partners plans an exhibition in the art gallery Campo & Campo (Grote Steenweg 19/21 – 2600 Antwerp). All the selected works of art will be included in the exhibition and contest.
Candidates with a work of art that must be assembled, come themselves or
send a representative to arrange the assembly.
- The organizing partners will appoint an independent curator who will create the exhibition.
- Artworks received after the deadline (October 30, 2023, at Campo & Campo), artworks outside the regular size (as stipulated in the regulations) or not “ready to mount”, may be excluded from the contest and the exhibition. When the artwork is excluded from the contest and the exhibition, the return cost will be at the expense of the candidate.
- The artwork and the shipping box must be labelled with the artwork/shipping document,
which can be downloaded from the website: www.marriage-stories.be/info/#terms and go to regulation 21.
- The artwork must be sent to:
Campo & Campo
Grote Steenweg 19/21
The artwork must arrive between October 26 – 30, 2023.
- The exhibition will take place in the art gallery Campo & Campo – Grote Steenweg 19/21, 2600 Antwerp, Belgium. From Thursday, November 9 until Sunday, December 14, 2023.
- All preselected and selected candidates’ artworks will appear in
the catalogue Marriage stories and on the website.
- All selected works will be presented to the final jury.
- The members of the jury, an independent group of experts, will select a winner.
The winner will receive a prize of € 10 000
- The decision of the jury is irrevocable and cannot be challenged.
- The winner will be announced at the vernissage for the public on November 9, 2023.
- Each candidate or a representative will be present at the opening/award ceremony, November 9, 2023.
- The people’s choice award, being € 1 000, will be announced the finissage December 14, 2023.
- The organizing partners does not accept any liability for actions carried out by third parties.
- By taking part in the preselection, exhibition and the contest, the registered participants agree:
A. to all the regulations.
B. to the availability of the artworks during the period of the preparation of the contest,
the judging and the exhibition period.
C. to the publication of the concept of their wedding story, which may be editing by the organizing partners.
D. to the publication of photos of their artworks in the catalogue and the use of these photos by
the organizing partners for promotional activities related to the contest and the exhibition.